2019 Goals


Declutter and Organize my Home.  

I've gotten to the point that I've lived in my house for a year now.  I've started to accumulate stuff to fill my home and it's grown out of the original organization bins I started with.  I need to evaluate if I need to declutter or if I need bigger bins.  Below are my target areas for this goal.


 

My Office and Library
I want to get rid of my desks and move my futon from my guest room into the library.  That means I'll need to go through what's in the drawers and get rid of or move downstairs into my craft room or storage room.


 

My Linen Closet
This is the main area on my mind - I've accumulated more medicine and cleaning supplies during the last year.  Some of my medicine is expired so I know I need to go through that.



My Pantry
I need to go through my pantry and refrigerator and toss out what's expired or I'm not going to use.


 

My Craft Room
This is the last area I haven't quite unpacked since I've moved in.  I used to do a lot of scrap booking but haven't touched it in a few years, but I still have everything needed.  Some of these supplies could be re-purposed to other craft hobbies and some I can throw away or donate or sell.  I'm planning on doing a six-week design challenge on this room.


Lose 25 pounds.

This has been a half-hearted goal since I gained the extra 25 pounds after I graduated college.  I know that this is going to be difficult and I will need to stay dedicated to accomplish this.  I have a few ideas of how to accomplish this.  I'm currently at 155 lbs after the holidays, my current normal has been 140-150 lbs.  I would like to be at 125-130 lbs with a max of 135 lbs by next year.

Eat Healthier
I've cooked with HelloFresh a few times in the last year and it's been great, just expensive.  I think it works for one person as long as you have a discount as well.  I want to cook 1-2 times a week and reuse some of the recipes I have from Pinterest, HelloFresh, and Better Homes and Garden magazine.  Currently I live mostly off of pre-packaged, pre-prepared, and/or frozen meals.

Exercise
I'm bad at maintaining a workout routine by myself.  My current plan here is to try rock climbing once a month with friends from my old job (maintaining connections as well!), Yoga once a week on Mondays, and elliptical at least twice a week.  I need to move my elliptical from my non-organized craft room into my TV room - because to be honest, I'm going to use it more there than where it is now.  

To establish how well this plan works, my goal is to be down to 150 lbs at the end of January and 145 lbs at the end of February.  If this doesn't work, then I'll re-evaluate at the beginning of March.


Additional Goals

Career Relationships
I am currently switching companies right now and want to maintain my connections and friends from my old job.  I added reminders to my personal calendar to reach out to specific people that I want to keep in touch with.

DIYs and House Projects
A few things on this list are a shelf to raise my TV to hide the outlet and wires, a patio in my backyard, evaluate converting my deck to a screened in porch, and finish crocheting my batman blanket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Finds

Kohl's Haul